29 June 2026 Windsor Castle and St. George's Chapel
Not a lot to post about today. I spent the day at St Georges Chapel and Windsor Castle, but just like three years ago when I posted about it then, no pictures allowed inside either place, and it's hard to get the documented photos you need to complete your research.
I did take notes on my phone. The Beaufort Chapel contains the remains of a couple of my ancestors, but I already knew that they were there, so no earthshattering revelations coming there. Anne St. Leger, and her husband, Sir George Manners, 11th Baron de Roos, were there, but I couldn't get close enough to see who else was buried in their space. I also saw the tomb of Charles Henry Somerset, 1st Earl of Worcester, but that was about it.
When I get back home, I'll do more research to see who all of the people buried in St Georges Chapel were, and try to piece together how their blood became a part of mine.
Tomorrow is my last day blogging from England, and I hope I have more fascinating discoveries to tell you about as I dig around the dusty corners of Westminster Abbey. I have a lot of ancestors buried there, and each one has a story to tell about how they lived and died centuries ago.